Maciel E. Mata
Maci E. Mata joined Newton Kight, L.L.P. in January of 2023 as an associate attorney. Her present areas of practice include:
Guardianships / Conservatorships
- Initiating Guardian / Conservatorship proceedings for adults and minors
- Guardian / Conservator representation – preparing and representing Guardians and Conservators in Court approval of reports and regular proceedings
- Uncontested probate matters
- Probate litigation
- Quit Claim Deeds
- Power of Attorney for Health Care and Finances
- Health Care Directive / Living Will
- Disposition of Remains
Maci attended the University of Washington where she received a Bachelor’s degree in 2019. She majored in Early Childhood and Family Studies and minored in Law, Societies, and Justice.
After the completion of her undergraduate education, Maci attended Seattle University School of Law where she received her Juris Doctor degree in 2022. During her time in law school, through internships, coursework, and participation in the Ronald A. Peterson Estate and Disability Planning Clinic, Maci gained experience in the areas of estate planning, Medicaid planning, and trusts including special needs trusts.
In her free time, Maci enjoys spending time with family and friends, gardening, and baking.